generated by sloganizer.net

Sunday, February 19, 2006

Matt-man and the Missing Piece

Hail and well met

So here I sit and I wander the vast frontier of cyberspace. I have my usual ports of call and occasionally make a jaunt into unknown territory seeing what I can find. I have connections out here to friends and even some family, and I see a different side sometimes and wonder if it is something that they want to talk about or is this their secret face that they keep hidden. Sometimes I feel the need to say things that I really don't feel, but for a moment. The impetious things that come from being a human being filled with emotion and illogical ideas. We all have them, those split second rants in our head that could be disasterous but for which we luckily have a built in buffer and can sensor our own thoughts. Well most of us.

All in all I just sit here and wonder if this whole internet thing is really worth it. I wonder if the time I spend here is worth while or ill spent. Yes it allows communication but so does a telephone or -GASPS- the mail. I think the art of writting a letter has become lost in our world. Oh we shoot off a Email all the time, but it is not the same. There is no instant gratification in standard mail. You must wait for it to travel to its destination. You must then wait for it to travel back. I can say this though, there is nothing like the feeling of getting a letter in the mail. I know I used to write to my friend James while he was at the U of I in Champaign. Those were some letters, let me tell you.

No I know that the ability to acess information is a good thing and as such the internet is a good thing (well mostly). I just think that we always need to look at what we are doing with the question "Just because we can do a thing, must we do a thing?" I feel the answer is no.

I guess that just puts the nail in the coffin though. Cause that is an ideal that only the old seem to have. Oh well I already knew that I was an fool, now I can simply change it to an old fool.

Oh I posted this earlier and only one person has done it, but many of you have decided to jump on the band wagon, I have done yours so damnit do mine!


http://kevan.org/johari?name=Akeranzu

http://kevan.org/nohari?name=Akeranzu

May the Force be with you

Excelsior!!!

1 comment:

dnomlas said...

Dude...I remember those letters we wrote to each other back during the MCC/U of I days. Those letters helped me out a lot back then.