generated by sloganizer.net

Friday, February 17, 2006

Matt-man Vs. TIme, Tedium and Tesseracts

Hail and well met

So it has been a few days since I posted last. Pretty much everything since the trip. That is due to a couple of things. Well the title says it all. I find myself sitting here trying to do 5 or 6 things all at once, and thus doing none of them well. Even when I can seem to stay on one project I end up feeling listless in only a few minutes. This is a problem that has persisted for over a couple of months now, and it is driving me mad.

I mention the term "tesseract" in the title. That is a refers to the literary referance not the geometric construct. It comes from the book "A Wrinkle in Time" by Madeleine L'Engle. It is a concept based on Einstein's theory of relativity and Planck's quantum theory. According to the book, space and time are like a piece of cloth and we are on that cloth like an ant. By taking any two points of that cloth in the path of the ant(us) and pushing them together the ant(us) can travel a long distance in the mere seconds it take to step from one fold to the other. When the cloth is returned to its orginal form the ant(us) has now relocated far away with out traveling the distance inbetween. I mention it here because as of late I have been wrestling with the concept that if all matter is energy, even what we call energy in this universe is but a form of that "Proto-energy" then what really holds this universe together?
Is it a set of laws that are rigid?
Who created these laws, the creator?
If he can bend them as he needs and we are his creation gifted with a fraction of his power then shouldn't we also be able to bend the rules?
If not then why give us the small shard of his power that he has?
But not to lose focus, if this power can bend the rules then what prevents that from happening everyday, with disasterous affect?
I am drawn back to a line from Episode one. Qui Gon Jin says "Your focus determines your reality". That is a key to unlocking this power. We are taught from birth the rules of this world. Before we can understand or interact with the world we are made to belive that these rules are infalible and unbreakable, well some are but all are bendable. Time and time again I hear or see things that prove this. As Yoda says in The Empire Strikes Back "You must unlearn what you have learned". This is what preoccupies my mind these days. I want to touch that power. I want to bend the world around me. Yes it is a selfish thing, and I know that is the reason that I will never be able to call upon it but I have to keep trying. Call me crazy, cause I am.

Yup the rantings of a crazy person. Probably need a good stint in the looney bin. Well let them try and take me. Cause I won't go down alone or without a fight. And knowing my friends I won't be alone either.

Well I am not sure what I started posting about, but I think there is a logical progression here. As far as current events are concerned I am sure that I will get around to talking about them. Although there is one thing that I must say here and now.

STATEMENTS LOST FUCKING ROCKS!!! LOVED THE SHOW AND CANNOT WAIT FOR THE NEXT ONE!!!!

Yeah the show last night at Todd's college was AWESOME. Glad that I went.

May the Force be with you

Excelsior!!!

No comments: