generated by sloganizer.net

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Matt-man Ponders the Meaning of the Cowl

Hail and well met

Well here I sit wondering. Oh this and that runs through my head. But the real big thing is a matter of realizing that sometimes you just have to leave things alone. No matter how badly you want them to become something else or change you just have to butt out. Change takes time. That is a truth from which there is not escape, especially with people.

But we never seem to learn. We always expect someone to change overnight, at the right word or phrase. We think we know what is good for them...Which is never true. The only person that can really know what is good for you is you! Now that being said there are options that you may not be aware of, and that is what all that concern is for. But don't tell anyone that you know what is good for them. Just give them the option to look at your idea and then let them decide.

Oh and before anyone (Mikey) gets the idea that this is about them in particular or a situation in particular, it is not. This has been a thread in my mind for several months. I personally had to realize that I myself had decided what would be good for several people and was happily running around forcing it down their throats, either by direct action or in how I treated them. Instead of just saying hey here is an option that you may not have thought of. That is the real reason behind this post, albeit that certain situation brought it to the forefront of my mind.

The hardest thing about being a friend is dealing with the fact that people have to be allowed to fall off the log. No matter how much we learn and want to share that info, stopping someone from gaining experience in living is a bad thing. Only through experience can knowledge become wisdom. The best thing for friends to do is say "Hey this is familiar territory, I will be there when it all falls apart and help get things back on track". Yeah it sucks letting someone that you care about get hurt, but they have to.

"Life is pain. Anyone that says differently is selling something"

There is no pain; there is growth

Pain is a fact of life. I mean where did the phrase "growing pains" come from if it isn't. And don't you say it was a television series back in the 80's or I will unleash a unhealthy blast of Matterocity on you. It puts the two halves of the truth together, growing and pain. One causes the other, and they are not mutually exclusive. One can happen without the other, but not that often.

It may be tough but sometimes love is like that. And if you really love someone you have to be willing to let them take their chances and get their scrapes. But you also have to be there to help them put it all back together, cause that is what friends are for. Well that and mooching free food and pop from time to time. Not to mention the ass kicking that comes with 3 player Halo2.

Well that about covers it. Yet again I am not sure that I covered it well but meh. It is my blog and if I want to ramble incoherently then I will and if you don't like it well.......

HARD CHEESE!

What are you doing reading this blog anyways if you don't like what I say?

READ A BOOK!

I love that one.

May the Force be with you

Excelsior!!!

1 comment:

Matthew Endicott said...

Yeah I see what you are saying about people not knowing what is good for them. I was just trying to convey the idea that instead of preaching to someone who will not listen or manipulate them just let them know what you see, as an option, and then let it be.

Thanks for the feed back. I appreaciate it.

later Shep