generated by sloganizer.net

Friday, February 03, 2006

Matt-man takes action.....

Hail and well met

Well everyone is waiting to hear about the job thing. (at least I hope that everyone is still out there in internet land) Anyway here is what I have going on right now. First off I am not going to the Crete Post Office, far too many crazy people there. Way to much stress for the money. I mean hours would probably be maxed for a part timer, but most of those would be last minute call offs by the shop steward. I would like the hours but not the uncertainties of working until any given morning at 5:30.

So does that mean that I am giving up on the post office. OH HELL NO! I am going to be talking to a Mr. John Poskin whom is the post master at the Momence post office. He learned of my availability from Jim and voiced an interest in my coming and working for him. I know John P. and I know that he knows me. It is a perfect situation...well not really cause I don't know how many hours I will get to start and it is 40 minutes away. But so what! Nothing is perfect (well there are a few things but not a subject for now) and that is what makes life fun.

Now there is a chance that this will all blow up in my face. Not a big chance but it is better to be prepared then to get screwed. So I have learned of a company that does outsourcing production for Ford. They are looking to add some people. Now first off I am going to get this information for a friend (yes Mikey I thought of you) but if this Post Office falls through then I have back up. Plus there are other things popping up all over the place. I just wonder where all this opportunity was when I first became unemployed? Oh well it is here now and that makes for a good day.

I am going to be out of town next weekend. I am heading down to Carbondale for a weekend away from everything. I will visit some good friends and hang. I will also be checking on available housing and what it costs to live down there, well in part. I am still planning on co-habitation between down there and up here. I really want to find a room-mate that can be there when I am not cause I don't like the idea of leaving an empty apartment or whatever just sitting for two weeks or more unattended. Oh well I am sure that some solution will reveal itself.


I am looking forward to seeing everyone down there. I plan on having a real good time. I love that town (mostly for the people down there but it is a nice place as well).

Oh I also started a My Space account....Yeah I know, me on My Space what was I thinking. Well I was just following the crowd. My buddy Jim has been on there for months, Pete has been as long or longer, my buddies Chris and Andy have jumped on and now Mikey. Well I just felt that it would be nice to keep up with some of them more then just stupid emails (which many never respond to anyways)

I have a lot of work to do on the site cause it looks so....Well......CRAPPY! I have a lot to learn. If anyone has a recommendation for a HTML hand book let me know. I don't want to have to take several college courses to spruce up my page, but if I have to then so be it.

Okay that is all the time I have for today. I have to plot out the demise of my players in Iron kingdoms...Who am I kidding I have to much fun fucking with them to kill them, besides life can be so much more painful!!!! Like living with the death of a undercover cop...Oh that one is priceless! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!>:)~

Oh Nicky, Ben mentioned role playing over the internet. That would be fun. If not then you are more then welcome during any break and summer. With the story centered around a tavern it is perfect for characters jumping in and out. I will talk about it next weekend.

Yeesh now I am done.

May the Force be with you

Excelsior!!!

No comments: